Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1973 1.7L vacuum line image, thanks
jacksun
post Aug 31 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,224
Region Association: Upper MidWest

hi,

I have not been able to find a diagram or image of the vacuum lines for

a 1.7l 1973. was hoping that some one might have an image

that I could use as a guide. my vacuum lines were not on the car to where

I would be able to copy the images I took.

the pelican diagrams were not for 1.7L.

tks

randal
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jacksun
post Sep 1 2014, 03:22 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,224
Region Association: Upper MidWest

thank you for the link

will read up

r

+Quote Post
stinkindiesel
post Sep 1 2014, 02:27 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,012
Region Association: Southwest Region

I've been in the same boat recently. Bowlsby's site is full of good info, but he only has 1970-71 1.7 and 1973 2.0 vacuum diagrams. Your 1973 1.7 is going to be somewhere in between.

In my 1973 1.7, for example, I found one of the vacuum hoses from the distributor vacuum advance goes to a short Y between the aux fuel regulator and the air box rather than directly to the air box as shown in the 70-71 diagram.

The 70-71 diagram is also missing the decel valve connections your car will have.

Wish I could tell you there was a diagram out there that would show you exactly how things were connected, hose lengths required, and how those hoses were routed, but there isn't. If my car was original enough to use as a template, I'd try to throw something together. As it is, I have some of the same questions you probably do.

Gary
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Sep 1 2014, 03:11 PM
Post #4

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(stinkindiesel @ Sep 1 2014, 01:27 PM) *

I've been in the same boat recently. Bowlsby's site is full of good info, but he only has 1970-71 1.7 and 1973 2.0 vacuum diagrams. Your 1973 1.7 is going to be somewhere in between.

In my 1973 1.7, for example, I found one of the vacuum hoses from the distributor vacuum advance goes to a short Y between the aux fuel regulator and the air box rather than directly to the air box as shown in the 70-71 diagram.

The 70-71 diagram is also missing the decel valve connections your car will have.

Wish I could tell you there was a diagram out there that would show you exactly how things were connected, hose lengths required, and how those hoses were routed, but there isn't. If my car was original enough to use as a template, I'd try to throw something together. As it is, I have some of the same questions you probably do.

Gary

That's not true. On a '73 1.7, the vacuum advance hose goes from the throttle body to the distributor, as does the retard hose. That tee on the AAR coupler attaches to a hose to the decel valve which is attached to one of the screws holding the MPS in place.

The Cap'n
+Quote Post
stinkindiesel
post Sep 1 2014, 03:22 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 16,012
Region Association: Southwest Region

The Cap'n is right, as usual. That's what I get for relying on my fading memory. I knew there was a hose there, but got the destination wrong.

Gary
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 01:18 AM