Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New to me old license plate
MJHanna
post Mar 18 2015, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Does this 911 make my butt look big?

Group: Members
Member No.: 185

We can run the year plate that the car was manufactured on a vintage registration.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
partsman
post Mar 19 2015, 06:37 AM
Post #2

forever hooked

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,726
Region Association: North East States

Mass had YOM (Year of Manufacture) plate through '67....They had the year stamped in the metal...so cars after that date used to be out of luck.

However, they recently changed things up, and our cars either had white background/blue letters, or white background/red letters. You can now use one of those plates, with the old year sticker on it, and you don't even need a second plate. There's a MBGT running around my town with the white/blue, and I think its looks cool. I've got two different white/blues I'm going to try and use, one has been in our family since '73...

This is straight from the MA registry site.

RMV Policies for Use of Year of Manufacture Plates:
1. The vehicle owner must complete this Application and sign in the presence of a Notary.
2. The plate must be physically presented to the Registrar for inspection and approval.
(i) The plate can contain no more than six (6) characters.
(ii) The plate must be in good repair and in original condition. Its letters, numbers and markings must be clearly legible. Any indication that the plate has been repainted or otherwise altered will cause the Registrar to reject use of the plate.
(iii) The plate must be sufficiently distinctive in appearance so as not to be confused with currently issued plates.
If the Registrar has already approved the use of a plate as a Year of Manufacture plate, which contains a specific combination of letters and numbers (or letters or numbers alone), that same combination on a different Year of Manufacture plate is not sufficiently distinctive and will not be approved as another Year of
Manufacture plate.
(iv) A Year of Manufacture plate may be approved by the Registrar for use on an antique motor car of a different type than that for which the registration plate was originally issued. For example, a truck plate may be approved for use on an antique automobile and an automobile plate may be approved for use on an antique
truck. (A motorcycle plate can only be used on a motorcycle, however.)
(v) The Registrar may approve of the display of only one (1) Year of Manufacture plate (if that is all that is available) even though the RMV issued two (2) plates per vehicle in the year the plate was originally issued.
(vi) A Year of Manufacture plate must be displayed pursuant to Chapter 90, Section 6 of the General Laws but the registration decal for the current registration period need not be attached to the plate. If it is not attached to the plate it must be carried in the antique vehicle at all times and presented at the request of a Police Officer.
(vii) A plate displaying the word “Antique” CANNOT be used as a “Year of Manufacture Plate.”
3. A Year of Manufacture plate cannot be used for a vehicle with a model year of 1979 or later, since the RMV began issuing plates with green alphanumerics on a white background in 1979 and many of these plates are still active.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 11:49 PM