Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Megasquirt EFI ECU on Ebay, Item# 7919909204
d7n7master
post Sep 3 2004, 09:30 AM
Post #1

Gary#

Group: Members
Member No.: 421

Hi All,
Check it out...
What do ya think?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
3liter914-6
post Sep 3 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #2

Master of Clueless Posts

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,238
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(d7n7master @ Sep 3 2004, 09:22 PM)
I was hoping that I would find that Bowling & Grippo's Megasquirt  linked up with Jake's dyno they would work out all the bugs - if I just waited. I have a 2165 that hasn't been cranked 'cause I still have stock D-Jet, and I'm way afraid it's gonna run lean. I seriously considered the CB performance injected throttle bodies. But my pockets aren't that deep. My D-Jet inj. has a near new J. Bowlsby f.i. harness. It's a beautiful thing. I'd hate to have to ditch it. Ideally I want to keep it injected. What I'm asking is what other parts do I need to complete the system? Can I keep my new f.i. harness? And how many greenies do I have to come up with to turn the key? Lotta questions (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Thanks Alot - again.
Gary

If you roll it yourself you can get it done easily under $250 I'd imagine. You might be able to interface with Bowlsby's harness, I haven't really looked at how they're done. I just disconnected the whole ECU and all the wiring and made my own harness using the MS relay board. Dave has a pretty good list of what you'll need on his webpage.

If you're doing a harness from scratch you'll need:
4 injector clips (I would suggest getting new MSD Part #2400 $15.99 at Summit for 8)
junkyard TPS + pigtail ($15 at a pick and pull)
1 injector connector from a Vanagon or similar to connect Intake Air Temp sensor
Resistors if you're using stock injectors (at 36lb/hr for the stock 2.0L ones they're more than big enough for your engine) I used a resistor pack from a Volvo 740 Turbo ($5 at the pick'n'pull)

Optional, but recommended is the relay board @ $65 for the kit
and an 02 sensor.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 05:57 AM