Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> No more boxters?
914MF
post Sep 9 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,112

The October Car and Driver said the Boxter is dead? What is that about? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
michaelmoo
post Sep 10 2004, 05:47 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,092

Actually there is some truth to that rumor. I drove a 997 a week or so ago, and was talking to the salesguy and he told me that Porsche had a meeting with all the sales managers and told them the Boxster was going to be discontinued after the new (987) series life cycle. After the test drive a man from PCNA wanted to talk to all the people who drove the 997 to see what they thought, and I asked him about the Boxster being “discontinued”. He didn’t deny it, but he didn’t confirm it either. He just kinda danced around the issue. After that day I was lead to believe that the Boxster will not exists after the 987. But the salesguy said Porsche is trying to decide on several new models. He said the one that he was the most excited was a Miata fighter. It would be a small rear engine four cylinder (based off the boxster engine, he said it was developed for a cheaper version of the Boxster) Speedsterish convertible. He also mentioned a large $150K type Ferrari type coupe, an Audi S6 type sedan, and/or a pick-up version of the Cayenne (which I found out the Cayanne is called a 955). He then chuckled after saying pick-up…. Time will tell.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 04:30 AM