Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to pull Dash TOP, i need to do it tommorow AM
Aaron Cox
post Sep 12 2004, 09:29 PM
Post #1

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

hey guys...gimme some pointers. i need to take off the dash in the AM for it to go to mexico (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

gimme pointers, tips, and tricks. what do i need out of the arsenal of tools?

thanks very much in advance! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jim912928
post Sep 12 2004, 09:50 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,536
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I just put my dash back on today. There are 9 nuts all together that hold the dash top pad on. 3 of them go through the front of the dash frame and 6 of them come through the frame from the top. If you get up under there and look, you can easily spot them as the bolts that are attached to the dash are white plastic and the nuts should all be plastic also (10mm I think). If you have an extension and swivels they are not too bad to get out...just have to contort yourself under that dash to see them (take the lower pad off to give you more room.

The ONLY real tricky nuts here are 2...I SAID 2...that attach to the dash from under the instrumet pad. It is not obvious that they are there and if you didn't go there you'd be tugging and tugging and ultimate crack your dash pad. So, to get these you must remove the instrument cluster and you'll see them. Us an open end box wrench to then loosen and remove these. Once you have all these off just lift up and out and off it comes.

If memory serves me...the 3 that run along the front of the dash frame are to the extreme left and right (between the side of the dash frame and the fresh air vents. The 3rd is about in the middle.

Good luck!

Jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 12:31 AM