Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Scaring the neighbors!
Cracker
post Sep 3 2015, 08:29 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

An old car of mine that I came across this video file this morning. Not a "Porsche" sound...I warned you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

PS: This was the first "start up" and bleeding the cooling system - thus the trickle of fluid AND don't follow my
my lousy extinguisher placement. Not practical in the time of need!!!

https://youtu.be/kAbpHVoaS5s (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
LeftCoastErik
post Sep 3 2015, 09:51 AM
Post #2

BADPNNY

Member No.: 18,555
Region Association: Northern California

Cracker would you mind posting a top view of the engine/trunk area? I am interested in how you braced it all out. I want to do the same with my little 215 when I add the hairdryer to it...
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Sep 3 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

MadMax - 17" wheels (9"F & 11" R - Lindseys) - 275 F / 315 rears

Eric - This was a "Hot Rod" not a race-car...all I was trying to do was "stiffin' things up" as opposed to making it track worthy. An occasional DE would have been fine but anything more would require a better system. It worked great...for what it was (and was a little different approach). A little bit of advice I'll offer...when installing a cage in the cockpit, make sure there is at least ONE middle brace welded to a plate on top of the rocker box. Also, when doing so, jack the rear of the car up and let the entire car "hang" in the air while welding on the rockers. Don't ask...just do. If you don't - you'll see the wisdom of this counsel first hand - and re-do some stuff too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) "

Jayman - It had NO problems burning-out (at least thats what the little birdie told me, of course)! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

KrazyKonrad - I'm in the Hickory Flat area. PM me your contact info...

Tony

QUOTE(LeftCoastErik @ Sep 3 2015, 10:51 AM) *

Cracker would you mind posting a top view of the engine/trunk area? I am interested in how you braced it all out. I want to do the same with my little 215 when I add the hairdryer to it...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.clubcobra.com-11316-1441301000.1.jpg)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 08:02 PM