Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Idle with Triad, Looking for Advice
gfg3
post Sep 16 2015, 01:38 PM
Post #1

Never Too Old

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,295
Region Association: None

I just replaced an old Bursch exhaust system with a new Triad exhaust on my 1.8 L-jet with 2.0 stainless heat exchangers. System works/sounds fine, but idle increased up to about 1600 rpm after the install. No other mods. I can easily crank down the idle but could there be something else at play here? I haven't fiddled with timing, etc. yet.

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ndfrigi
post Sep 16 2015, 04:15 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474
Region Association: Southern California

Can you shoot a video with the sound of the triad on your 1.8 engine? I've been wanting to order triad also for my 1.8 F.I. Thanks!
+Quote Post
gfg3
post Sep 17 2015, 02:55 PM
Post #3

Never Too Old

Member No.: 18,295
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 16 2015, 06:15 PM) *

Can you shoot a video with the sound of the triad on your 1.8 engine? I've been wanting to order triad also for my 1.8 F.I. Thanks!

I'll be happy to do that if I can get my phone to actually do videos. There have been several videos posted here with sound of the Triad. Not sure if any were on a 1.8 though. Doing a search on Triad should get you something for your listening pleasure....until I sort out my phone issues.

The Triad is definitely louder than my old Bursch....I mean we're talking two 2 1/2" pipes vs one 2" pipe....and a lot better flow. More to come.

George
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 04:17 PM