Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Passing along what could be a find, BMW in Long Island
Ferg
post Nov 19 2015, 11:35 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

Logistics are preventing me from chasing this myself. Buyer needs to be present with cash in hand, but this appears to be the real deal. A 1986 E30 with only 1500 miles. Looks like an Automatic which is a bummer, but could be a killer deal.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/5321242234.html

Just posting in case any members are close. It's been my experience that estate sales like this turn out positive for the buyer/collector.

Best
Ferg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom_T
post Nov 19 2015, 12:03 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

I have an 85 E30 325e 5spd since new with 121 HP but it gets 30-40 mpg fwy verified & 17-22 around town (depending on stops & right foot), which is still my & wife's DD with about 198k on original engine. Mine is the same Perl Beige interior with Cosmos Blue (light silvery blue) paint - but I can't tell if this one is Cosmos (rarer color) or Silver.

EDIT - this is the same 121 HP motor with great mpg as I have, but BMW denoted the sport version with the "ES" (all 2 door "325e" in 84-85 were sport models, with the Recaro seats, 3-spoke sport steering wheel, etc. goodies - similar to what Porsche did with the 73 914-2.0 "914S" then decontented the 2.0's in 74>).

It will still be a great & long lasting ride with the auto, & turn in great mpg's on long trips!

This is the 86 325es with 161 121 HP but lesser & same mpg & great low end Torque , so I wouldn't worry about the Auto, since it has the bolstered Recaro seats, which means it's the sports model with F&R sways & other goodies, so it's a great DD with auto + fun on the twisties. (EDIT: it was the 87 or 88 3251s that got the 165 HP motor).

What I would worry about is the non-use for +/- 30 years, so everything would need checked & all soft lines/parts, fluids, etc. would need to be replaced - that is after verifying it's not actually turned over the odo!

.... & then why was it just parked!?

E30's are great little cars! ....of course I'm prejudiced! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

That 69 Grand Prix could be an interesting find for a collector too - especially if it's a J-code model!

Porschef should go check it out, since it's close! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 02:47 AM