Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brumos *SOLD*, Sad day...However I wish them well!
bcheney
post Dec 9 2015, 03:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,348
Region Association: South East States

Dealerships SOLD

https://twitter.com/flcpca/status/674678608162607104
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Yahmann
post Dec 10 2015, 02:55 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,648
Region Association: Southern California

I am in the car biz (BMW) and the "family" owned dealerships are falling away slowly. Dano Davis and family owned Winn Dixie supermarkets, so I am not sure how family it was.

I know Peter Gregg as well as anyone from my days racing in IMSA from 1975 to 1991. He was not the most friendly guy but a good businessman as well as super driver. He was able to buy Brumos from the Brundage family with the help of his first wife - Jennifer Johnson (of Johnson & Johnson family).

I had a 1 year relationship with his widow - Deborah in the mid 80's and she ended up with all the property and dealerships. Although she was in her late 20's, she turned out to be a very astute business women. Hurley and Bob Snodgrass were a big help. She sold out to Davis and did very well.

I helped Jim Bailie, who ran their resto and race team for years get a job there as he and I raced against each other in SCCA as well as he crewed for Phil Conte in IMSA. I know Jim left after Davis came as it was not the same place.

It seems strange that the new owners would forsake the Brumos name, as you would think it was as significant as Vasek Polak and Stoddard.

Sad to see it go.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 05:01 PM