Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anatomy of a Barn Find
Unobtanium-inc
post Jan 9 2016, 03:59 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,276
Region Association: None

Wasn't sure if I shared this story here, but it involved one of the 914 World brothers, Scott aka Scotty B. It's a small window into one of the crazy deals we have done. In this case Scott really came through at the 11th hour (it was actually about 1 in the morning). A fun story to tell now, but a very stressful one at the time.
Thanks again Scott!
You can read the full story here:
https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/2014/07...sche-barn-find/

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
krazykonrad
post Jan 11 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,610

That name sounds familiar, but I cant say for sure. A buddy of mine and I rolled up to somewhere near Dalton a few years ago. Were looking at a tube frame 911 rally car with a fiberglass shell. The dude (an older guy) lived in this cabin in the woods complete with a giant tv blaring techno music.

He claimed that he basically invented 914s. He has a couple of tractor trailer loads of parts that appear on craigslist from time to time. There might be some good stuff in there, but in his mind, everything is just as pristine as when he put them in there 25 years ago.

That 356 is awesome find. Using that as a tool shed blows my mind!

Konrad
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 04:24 PM