Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Where to buy parts
GWN7
post Dec 31 2002, 06:40 AM
Post #1

King of Road Trips

Group: Members
Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

First,

Hello all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

It's time for me to start ordering parts to stockpile for when the weather gets warmer and I can start working on the cars. Any leads to who I should trust my cash too?

I've heard about the problems with the places in Atlanta and Chicago. The place in CA where I met most of you is 2 for two for screwed orders. Any place else?

Thanks,
Bruce
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
GWN7
post Jan 1 2003, 12:20 AM
Post #2

King of Road Trips

Group: Members
Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

These were new parts I ordered....In May when I bought the 72 914 I ordered a bunch of replacement steel to fix the rust. A month goes by and I get a email saying "hope your enjoying the parts you bought from us". I sent one back saying "I would if they had arrived. Any Idea when I can expect them?" Couple days go by & I get another email saying to check the update on shipping on there site. It says they will be shipped in 2 weeks, direct from factory. (this is now 2 months from when I ordered). So I send a email back and ask who screwed up? Them or the factory? No answer. Parts show up 3 weeks later.....

September, on my way home from BC with the 70 914. I stop in Calgary at a buddy's place for a visit. I use his puter to order a shift bushing set as this car needs to be upgraded badly (I call it the mystery shift car). Figure parts should arrive at my home a week after I get there. 2 weeks after I get home, I check to see order status. No order on file, so I email them and ask where my order is. I get a curt responce saying I have no orders on file. It snows the next day and I sort of loose interest in laying on my back to change bushings on cold wet concrete.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Won't know what I need for the 74 914 for a couple months (compleat carpet, front & rear trunk gaskets, hose sets (vacume & gas) come to mind)

I'm just looking for someone who will ship to my igloo up here or my po box in the USA if need be and will ship what I order in a timely fashion. And if there is a problem let me know.

Bruce

P.S. When I need a exaust, I would buy it from Brad (that is if he ever sends me pricing) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 05:36 AM