Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Shifting linkage bushings
blackimpala
post Apr 9 2016, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,864
Region Association: None

New to the Porsche world and need some help. Replacing bushings on a 72 but with side shiftier linkage, back at the transmission there is a knuckle with a bushing in it can anyone tell me how to get the old bushing out and new one in?

TIA for any help.

Floyd
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dcheek
post Apr 9 2016, 02:52 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,103

QUOTE(blackimpala @ Apr 9 2016, 11:51 AM) *

New to the Porsche world and need some help. Replacing bushings on a 72 but with side shiftier linkage, back at the transmission there is a knuckle with a bushing in it can anyone tell me how to get the old bushing out and new one in?

TIA for any help.

Floyd

I'm assuming you mean the "knuckle" that's held on to the shift rod with a conical screw. The bushing is plastic so, take a thin screwdriver and pry it out. Clean everything and put grease at the base where the bushing goes in. The bushing should slide right in with no pressure. You should push it far enough to press some grease out of the little hole on the side. Then put some grease in the cup of the bushing and press it on the lever sticking out of the tranny. This will require a pry bar and some leverage to snap it on.

Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 01:31 PM