Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Correct Jack for 73 2.0L, I have 3 different
cwpeden
post Jul 28 2016, 04:58 PM
Post #1

Great White North, huh?

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,693
Region Association: Canada

see pics

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom_T
post Jul 28 2016, 05:43 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

CW,

IIRC it may depend upon when in the Aug 72 - July 73 production run, & what was in the parts bin at the time, but I don't recall seeing the red-band one in any 73, but maybe.

Heck, I'd even had to look at the one in my early 73 again to see what it is! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) See pix below, which are similar to your left one, with Bilstein on the top, but I can't read the left one's top in your pic,

I'd suggest looking at the pix in your owners manual (they're only B&W) to try to match it to what you have in the pix above, or if you don't have the manual - then find a local with a near build date to yours & look in their owners manual.

Ditto to check with a few other 73 914 owners in your area with cars around the same VIN date / Karmann plate Chassis # build date - Chassis # is decoded as: WW-D-95-###, with WW being week # in the year, D is day # M-F, 95 is Karmann plant ( or 96 adds 100 to ###, 97 200, etc.), & ### is car # that day - use a 72 or 73 calendar to get your precise date (based on year of VIN sticker on the rear driver door jamb).

The resources on the p914.org & .com websites are still in the process of being rebuilt after a lightning strike, so it doesn't show the extra info (yet, or as before).

http://www.p914.org/p914_tools.htm

Here's pix of mine + tool kit, in case that's the next post which I see (note that early 73's often also had white handle screwdrivers, but this black one was in my car when I bought it from the OO in 12/75) - FYI - mine is a `73 My 914-2.0 "914S" with a 8/31/72 build date -

Attached Image Attached Image .... tool kit at next post ....

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 07:34 PM