Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Karting Schools, Worth the money?
PatW
post May 11 2003, 07:40 AM
Post #1

Wassup?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 317
Region Association: Northern California

Thinking about going to the Jim Russell Karting school at Sears Point. Has anyone done this school or one like it?. 350$ for a day seems expensive up front. Or should I just keep going to Lemans Karting in Fremont. Best lap was 23.6 last friday
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Curvie Roadlover
post May 11 2003, 08:29 AM
Post #2

Two trunks are better than one!

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

QUOTE(Zeke @ May 11 2003, 06:20 AM)
The shifter guys are real busy in the seat leaving little time to develope a better line and braking techniques, IMO. In fact, at the road race courses, the shifters use a different line and used to get in my way on corner exits. They accelerate faster, so they don't care as much about pinching the line at the apex. I think karts teach you how to roll free through the turns. It's all about being smooth.

That's true, Milt. After having driven the centrifugal clutch karts for so long, one of the things I loved about shifters was that, in a single gear kart if you screwed up a corned you sometimes payed for it for a whole lap, whereas in a shifter kart, if you blew a corner you only payed for it until the next corner. Something else, though to consider. Here in the mid-west shifter karts are the most popular class and run with the biggest fields. Running with alot of traffic is a good learning experience, IMO compared to some of the less popular classes where the karts get pretty spread out during the race and you end up sometimes with no one around you to dice with.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 07:20 PM