Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel injection, After market fuel injection
Keith914
post Aug 21 2016, 08:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,948
Region Association: Southern California

Looking for advice/experience with after market fuel injection with twin throttle bodies and fuel rails to replace twin carbs on 2.36 type 1V -- references to existing info will be a big help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Nogoodwithusernames
post Aug 23 2016, 01:23 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,051
Region Association: None

While I have no experience with the type IV as of yet, I did recently finish building a 1745cc T1 motor for my Squareback. I decided to dive in and do an EFI setup, and I must say, I love it. Both for bragging rights as well as for ease of tuning and how well it runs.
Mario at the dub shop if certainly a great resource and I got my whole harness/sensors from him, and had him do some board mods and finish up my ECU.

It did cost me a fair bit more than throwing on a set of carbs, but I can do so much more and tune it to run exactly how I want. I also did mostly new parts but a fair amount of builds have been done quite frugally and work great.

Start reading up over on shoptalk forums and see all the pros and cons, but my $0.02 is go with FI (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 09:59 PM