Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Transaxle code, need help with transaxle code
turbonet
post Sep 15 2016, 12:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,398
Region Association: Canada

I am looking at buying what I am told is a '73 2l. I am waiting for the COA a the moment so in the mean time I am look for some help.

The engine has the correct code for a '73 (GA 000435) but the transaxle numbers don't seem to make sense.

trans code:

914/11 HA0053820

From the info I have been able to find the 914/11 portion has it as a '72 but the numbers fall into early '73.

It seems the 914/11 trans numbers stop at HA053072 but the one I'm looking at has a number code that would fall much later and seems to fall into the '73 914/12???

Is there anyone who can shed some light on this for me?

Thanks guys

Trevor
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
turbonet
post Sep 16 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #2

Thanks guys.

I will be buying car. It will need some extensive rust repair but that's actually the reason I bought it. I need a project.

Now I need a set of carbs or original fuel injection. Only thing it's missing.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Sep 17 2016, 07:07 AM
Post #3

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(turbonet @ Sep 16 2016, 06:39 PM) *

Thanks guys.

I will be buying car. It will need some extensive rust repair but that's actually the reason I bought it. I need a project.

Now I need a set of carbs or original fuel injection. Only thing it's missing.

If you're going to all this trouble to find a numbers matching early 73 2.0 "914S" - then I'd suggest that you go with the OEM EFI, but you'll need to match all of the EFI sytem components to the same `73 only EFI, since they don't work properly with various parts.

A word of caution though - if you know you have rust issues to repair, & a missing fuel system, & you'll undoubtedly have other cost issues come up on the project - then you'll probably be into it for more cost, than to just find a complete car without rust issues & work on a resto of that.

I probably wouldn't undertake my own 73 2L's resto, if it hadn't been my car from "almost the start" & with many memories (2nd owner since Dec. 75 & 10 years as my DD & only car). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I'm just sayin'! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
turbonet
post Sep 17 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #4

Over time, yes, this car will undoubtedly cost me more. Short term is a lot less.

I just picked up a carb setup for 300 and the car was 3000 canadian vs 12000 or more for a decent car.

besides I need something I can put my "stamp" on. I don't want someone elses restoration. they probably wouldn't do a good enough job for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:01 PM