Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gas Mileage, What are you getting, city/highway?
pbanders
post Oct 17 2016, 08:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 805

Yes, it's been done before, but how about an update? I'll go first:

1970 914 w/'74-spec 2.0L D-Jetronic, stock w/Euro pistons, Crane XR-3000 ignition and Crane coil. City: 24 mpg / Highway: 39 mpg (flat road, 75 mph, 80 mile trip)

What are you getting? The 914's a lot better than my '03 Boxster.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Porschef
post Oct 18 2016, 04:07 AM
Post #2

How you doin'

Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

Good question. I'd like to figure out what's keeping mine down, other than my right foot. Top off, maybe 24 at best on the hwy, less locally.

2056, 9550 cam, Ljet, 9:1 comp, 13:1 AFR... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Oct 18 2016, 04:18 AM
Post #3

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Porschef @ Oct 18 2016, 06:07 AM) *

Good question. I'd like to figure out what's keeping mine down, other than my right foot. Top off, maybe 24 at best on the hwy, less locally.

2056, 9550 cam, Ljet, 9:1 comp, 13:1 AFR... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I'm kind of in the same boat. To and from work (90% of my driving) I'm lucky to get 20 mpg. That's "parkway" driving where it's 60 mph for a mile or two and then stop for the light. Rinse and repeat. I probably got more like 25 mpg up and back to Hershey, the longest continuous trip I've taken it on.

2056 with stock cam and I might be slightly rich at warm up (using the CHT spacer) but AFR readings are slightly lean, if anything, after that. The only working theories I have now on what may be keeping my mileage down, other than possibly the CHT spacer and the nature of my driving, is my battery has been flaky the last couple of months due to a parasitic drain on it. I'm certain a weak battery doesn't help mileage or performance, but otherwise I'm not sure if I should be doing significantly better or if "it is what it is." I read about you all getting 30+ mpg.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 06:39 AM