Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wheel value? | vintage centerlines...
litesonic
post May 4 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,307
Region Association: None

Based on my research, these are old school centerlines.

Before I post for sale... what value do you think they have?

Specs:

4x130
15x5.5
With 195 60 tire 32.5 lbs.

thanks!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
arne
post May 5 2017, 09:01 AM
Post #2

Serial Rescuer of old vehicles...

Member No.: 20,799

Back in the '70s, all Centerline wheels were spun aluminum, not cast. Also, in those days many different wheel manufacturers used a fairly standard size center hole, so many center cap brands were interchangeable.

Yes, among old time wheel companies that bothered to make wheels at all for VW and 914, the proper and narrow 15" sizes were not common even back then. So finding a decent set of 4 today is unusual.

That said, I don't know that their rarity makes them especially valuable, even when the supply is tight, there needs to be some demand for them. They are probably worth cleaning up if it can be done without too much time invested. I'd probably try to sell them on Samba though, as I suspect there may be more interest from VW owners, and you won't want to limit your market.
+Quote Post
litesonic
post May 5 2017, 03:41 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,307

QUOTE(arne @ May 5 2017, 09:01 AM) *

Back in the '70s, all Centerline wheels were spun aluminum, not cast. Also, in those days many different wheel manufacturers used a fairly standard size center hole, so many center cap brands were interchangeable.

Yes, among old time wheel companies that bothered to make wheels at all for VW and 914, the proper and narrow 15" sizes were not common even back then. So finding a decent set of 4 today is unusual.

That said, I don't know that their rarity makes them especially valuable, even when the supply is tight, there needs to be some demand for them. They are probably worth cleaning up if it can be done without too much time invested. I'd probably try to sell them on Samba though, as I suspect there may be more interest from VW owners, and you won't want to limit your market.

Excellent advice, thanks!

I think I may just hang onto them and spend money on other things.
I do wish I had the original 2.0 liter fuchs, but that may have to wait for a while.

They are round and hold the tires... I don't need more right now.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 08:25 PM