Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT used cayenne any good for dd?
mb911
post May 7 2017, 01:44 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Kind of thinking about getting rid of my 07 suburban as my DD with 190k on it i am starting to notice some wear. I was looking the other day at used suvs as i never buy new and noticed how cheap these are for as new as they are a 2011S can be had for about 13k with about 80k on them.

Any feedback?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
HansJan
post May 7 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 19,860
Region Association: Southwest Region

Sold my 2004 Turbo last year.
The car hardly aged while I had it. Exterior and interior kept looking good.
The seats were comfortable and had good support.
Car had great power and good handling.
And it can tow everything.

The problem I find with this car is that is it's basically a very large sportcar.
Very firm suspension (even in softest setting), making it uncomfortable for a family roadtrip. Most people carry all kinds of stuff in their SUV's, which will fly all over when cornering at high speed. So why have a car that invites you to do so?

Items that I had to replace were:
Aircomprosser for suspension.
Replace plastic for aluminum air-intake pipes.

Sold it, when hydraulic oil started leaking through a seal in the transmission at around 90K miles. This would have costed me around $3K to have it fixed.

The one thing I never liked was the turbo-lag. In traffic situations where a quick responce can make a difference this car was failing.
Understand that you are considering an S, and not a Turbo, which might be a bit milder.

Good luck.

+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 8 2017, 01:33 PM
Post #3

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Hans Jan @ May 7 2017, 08:47 PM) *

Most people carry all kinds of stuff in their SUV's, which will fly all over when cornering at high speed. So why have a car that invites you to do so?

BTW - they do sell a cargo management tie-downs/net & a protective grill for between the rear cargo area & seating area of the cabin thru Porsche Techquipment, as well as aftermarket ones.

IMHO this is a requirement in any SUV/CUV, Van or other vehicle with the cargo area open to the passenger area - use tie-downs/cargo nets &/or the grill dealie - cuz the cargo becomes projectiles upon braking & accidents - even with the more mundane vehicles!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 04:43 PM