Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> EBrake light keeps blinking
Rsjg911
post Oct 8 2017, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,105
Region Association: South East States

Took the 914 out for a long overdue spin today and when I released the ebrake the red light in the combo gauge continued to blink. I thought I would ask the brain trust here before making any mistakes. Stuck switch? I tried setting and releasing the ebrake several times but no luck. The brake does disengage but the light continues to blink as though it is still set.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions as to how to repair. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Ron
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Dave_Darling
post Oct 9 2017, 10:11 AM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

In my experience, the warning function of the master cylinder only triggers after it is painfully obvious that something is wrong with the brakes... The pedal in my car got softer and softer toward the end of my first 30-minute track session, and then finally went straight down to the floor. That's when the light finally came on. So it's kind of redundant, at least so far for me...

The way the circuit works is that the master cylinder switch, and the button under the handbrake handle, can each provide a ground for the warning light circuit. If either one of them does, the light starts blinking. If a wire to either switch gets shorted to ground, that also completes the circuit and the light starts blinking.

Find out where the short to ground is, and you'll find out why the light is blinking.

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 10:05 AM