Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> CPR Blue 914, newly listed at CPR (no affiliation)
HaraPuzo
post Nov 16 2017, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,187
Region Association: Canada

Hi, just saw this new listing at CPR and wanted to share.
So for those people seeking the pristine, low mileage 914, this might be for you.

http://mailchi.mp/d2010f67efda/rare-olympi...20?e=3232154dc1

don't know what their asking price is.
sure is nice though.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
FlacaProductions
post Nov 26 2017, 10:31 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,628
Region Association: Southern California

Greetings,
New to 914World, not new to Porsche or 914’s. Past includes 86 and 89 944 Turbo’s as well as my first car, a 73 1.7 in Olympic Blue, which I had for 11 years. Hence, my interest in this car 21 years after totaling my 73.

Disclaimer: I have not personally seen this car. Yet.
Am I aware that CPR may monitor this thread? Sure.
That said, I’m going to look at this car if at all possible. I’ve already asked about price and got the same 33k answer. No worries there - used cars almost always involve negotiating. Don’t like the price - don’t buy it, right?

Is this car “correct”? No.
Correctable? Mostly likely - it just depends on what level and how "correct" you want it. If you’re not looking for an instant concours participant, this might just be a nice driver. Which is what I’m looking for.

From the pictures, I see many of the same things already noted here:

Interior in corduroy - not really a bad thing for me, I’m looking for practicality/useablity over concours correctness. If the material is in good shape, i’m ok with it. In fact, I remember those seats getting pretty hot after sitting out in the sun so maybe the cord would be a nice change!

Repaint - it’s expressed in the write-up. Nothing wrong or being hidden there. An in-person look will reveal if it’s good, bad or otherwise. Too bad they went over the DOT sticker…

Carbs: Not uncommon and if done right can be more than acceptable. Question would be if a proper cam was installed during the rebuild.

Roof/sail panel leather. The roof isn’t shown in the pics and I’d like to see how this looks and how it’s been attached. Personally, I don’t think I’d be wild about it but a personal inspection will reveal all. The sail panel area can be a rust magnet so if there was some there, hopefully it was properly dealt with during the repaint.

Mirrors: well, to me it’s fine. Actually, they’re exactly what I had on my 73 so I see it as a bit of a nostalgic positive. Same with the EQ.

I also noticed the 914 and 2.0 are not properly aligned and are not the same proper (black) finish. Easily correctable. Not sure what it indicates other than possibly after the repaint they simply weren’t put back right.

Personally, I prefer Pedrini’s because that’s what “my” 73 had, but that can be changed as well, right? My 73 wasn’t totally correct either - was on it’s 2nd engine, had a fiberglass front and rear spoilers, Monza exhaust, painted sail panels, plastic dash cover and a number of other things. But I loved that car and seeing this one at CPR got me thinking. If (if) the metal is solid and it runs/shifts well, it could be really fun and a bit of a trip down memory lane for me but I’m not looking for a true “project.”

Is it worth 33k? Probably not to me and given some of the comps that i’ve seen recently, the market doesn’t reveal that to be quite right, either. What’s the right number? I guess whatever they get for it, right?

Thoughts and input greatly appreciated…
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 06:54 AM