Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> For you, used to US speed limits..., ... legal 200+ m/hr on the Autobahn
thieuster
post Jun 7 2018, 01:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,384
Region Association: Europe

Earlier today...

200+ mls/hr with a GT2 RS
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
horizontally-opposed
post Jun 7 2018, 03:28 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

Been up to those speeds several times...and don't need to do it again. A 914 on a back road or race track at 30-120~ mph is infinitely more fun...at least to me. Some folks get a HUGE thrill out of the high speed stuff—and there's nothing wrong with that!!!—but my sense is there's a good bet most don't or won't. Kinda neat to do once or twice, but you soon realize there is very little skill involved, and thus not much in the way of reward—just huge risk. All it takes is good vision (hopefully....) + guts to hold the throttle down. High-speed corners make it a bit more interesting, but bump the risk factor even higher.

I do admire people who go after closed-course top speed records, though—much in the way I admire those who climb mountains because they're there and the climb represents human or personal achievement.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 07:25 AM