Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> For you, used to US speed limits..., ... legal 200+ m/hr on the Autobahn
thieuster
post Jun 7 2018, 01:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,384
Region Association: Europe

Earlier today...

200+ mls/hr with a GT2 RS
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
914forme
post Jun 7 2018, 08:19 PM
Post #2

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Just got back from Germany.

Drove the AutoBahn and loved it. People where very good about moving over, and noticing what was running up on the fast side. It is really not an issue to travel at speed. Everyone is very respectful of their driving and very considerate about faster moving vehicles. Their is no ego or pissing matches going on. Very relaxing. Drove from Munich to Stuttgart in 1:15. It is 235 KM distance. It was early in the morning, lite traffic, all drivers played well together. Even on the drive back it was a holiday weekend in Germany, things went very well, took a bit over 2 hours to get back to Munich, but made it with out issue, and with out frustration.

I was driving an S class Benz, speed limited to 250KM, and yes I had it up there. Loved the car, roads are so much better than the US roads. When the roads are unsafe for high speeds they do have limits. If you never driven the AutoBahn and experience German driving you are missing out.

BTW. I was passed by a Panamera Turbo, a GT3RS, and a McLaren 720S like I was standing still, I was doing 220 clicks at that point. If there was some Range Rovers around with the boot up and a camera crew I would have figured it was the Top Gear boys out having some fun. It was just a group of guys out on Holiday.

Also was at Monaco for the F1 race and qualifying. No I am not that rich, just great timing on my part, and lots of luck. Once in a life time event for me, Monaco is way to expensive for my blood.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 02:22 AM