Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> mps compatibility
bowzer
post Aug 10 2018, 06:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,636
Region Association: None

Heres a question I dont think I have run accross yet.Ive got a 1973 1.7 that I transplanted a 2.0 into, that i bought from Tailwind.somewhere ive read that the mp sensor is different.i gave it no thought when i installed the 2.0 and all the extras.there is a slight hesitation like the old choked cars till it warms up.other than that it runs good,nice power bump too.so since it just plugged in and seems ok,what would the symptoms of non compatibility be,thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
BeatNavy
post Aug 11 2018, 06:22 AM
Post #2

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(bowzer @ Aug 10 2018, 08:46 PM) *

Heres a question I dont think I have run accross yet.Ive got a 1973 1.7 that I transplanted a 2.0 into, that i bought from Tailwind.somewhere ive read that the mp sensor is different.i gave it no thought when i installed the 2.0 and all the extras.there is a slight hesitation like the old choked cars till it warms up.other than that it runs good,nice power bump too.so since it just plugged in and seems ok,what would the symptoms of non compatibility be,thanks

If understand you correctly, you used your 1.7 fuel injection components on the 2.0 engine? There are key components that are NOT interchangeable between 1.7 and 2.0. Even between different MY 2.0's components need to be matched. In your case, the MPS and the ECU must be 2.0 and also must be compatible with each other.

Read this: https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/djetparts.htm

The first table will tell you which MPS and ECU part numbers work for 2.0, and the ECU/MPS compatibility table 1/2 down the page will tell you which ones work together. For example, you could run an MPS (P/N ends in 043) and an ECU (P/N also ends in 043).

Injectors are also different between 1.7 and 2.0.
+Quote Post
bowzer
post Aug 11 2018, 03:44 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,636
Region Association: None

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 11 2018, 05:22 AM) *

QUOTE(bowzer @ Aug 10 2018, 08:46 PM) *

If understand you correctly, you used your 1.7 fuel injection components on the 2.0 engine? There are key components that are NOT interchangeable between 1.7 and 2.0. Even between different MY 2.0's components need to be matched. In your case, the MPS and the ECU must be 2.0 and also must be compatible with each other.

Read this: https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/djetparts.htm

The first table will tell you which MPS and ECU part numbers work for 2.0, and the ECU/MPS compatibility table 1/2 down the page will tell you which ones work together. For example, you could run an MPS (P/N ends in 043) and an ECU (P/N also ends in 043).

Injectors are also different between 1.7 and 2.0.

Thanks for the reply,Let me clarify.the 2.0 is a 1976 with all related 2.0 fuel injection parts plus ecu.not thinking that the M P sensor was any different,they look the same,im running the 2.0 engine with the 1.7 mps.knowing now that this isnt right, my question is what would the effect of the wrong sensor have on the drivability be,hope that makes better sense.always learning from all of you.thank you
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 09:01 AM