Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Did anybody here buy the 74 Black 914 2.0 on Tampa CL?, Used to be Zambezi Green
914rrr
post Dec 19 2018, 02:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 874
Region Association: South East States

Just wandering if anybody here bought the recently listed 74 Black 2.0 that was on Tampa Bay Craigslist? I looked at it first thing this AM and passed on it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
vbrad26
post Dec 21 2018, 08:15 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,736
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(914rrr @ Dec 20 2018, 07:37 PM) *

You can PM me and I'd be happy to share with you what I saw and what I think it may need. A 74 2.0 is worth saving. I've owned and worked on over 40 914's starting in the late 70's, ranging from ratty beaters to show cars. Be aware, if you plan on having a shop do all the metal work, it's going to be BIG labor bill.

I would suggest contacting Brad Mayeur at 914 Ltd (username: 914ltd) He could probably give you a swag $$ number on what it would take to do the metal work involved based on my photo.

This "rustoration" thread below will give you an idea of what is involved in a structural repair of this scale:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...69606&st=20

If you do decide to go forward, you could likely find almost everything. literally, on this website you need by posting wanted ads in the classifieds.

Ok I will shoot a PM your way, good to know that it could potentially be a car worth saving.
I will also take a look at the linked thread...good thing it should be a slow day at the office!

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Dec 20 2018, 08:25 PM) *

Welcome!

The SC looks good, you will find the 914 complements that driving experience.

As has been said loads and pictures helps, and don’t be shy. Good people here who are happy to help, heck @sirandy puts up with me and I’m a moron.

:-)

Thank you. The SC is in pretty good shape but it is by no means a show car.
It has been tracked pretty heavily in its lifetime and it is apparent on some of the panels.
It's mostly chassis/suspension, brakes and missing interior, no real mechanical upgrades engine or drivetrain wise with the exception of a WEVO shifter.
But it is a blast...it was the first air-cooled 911 I ever drove.

QUOTE(Rob-O @ Dec 20 2018, 09:54 PM) *

My pleasure. The 914 community is overflowing in the availability of parts and knowledge, especially given the size of the community. Just off the top of my head (and I know I’ll inadvertantly leave some out). Pelican Parts, Auto Atlanta, 914Rubber (much more than just rubber), PMB (brakes and other services), Restoration Design. Many of the outfits that provide parts for 911’s provide 914 parts, in particular suspension guys like Elephant Racing and Tarrett. We also have individuals who specialize in certain areas. Bruce Stone restores pedal clusters, Chris Foley provides experience proven racing parts/exhausts and mechanical services, Garold Shaffer is a great resource for used parts, So is Kevin (Rhodyguy here). Ben (MB911) fabricates a ton of metal objects that are a shame to hide under a car.

There are banner ads on this site, that’s a great place to start. The ‘Classics’ forum is great, too. You’ll feel like Neo when the computer program that taught him how to do karate was downloaded into him...tons of incredible info in a short time.

Given the 911 (looks fantastic, BTW) and your past experience with German cars you’ll fit in here just fine. Oh, and...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Indeed, this forum seems like an excellent resource.
I've already learned so much about these cars in the last 2 days all thanks to 914World!

Thanks again for all of the replies so far.
I'm excited to finally get to see the car tomorrow and really take a good look at it.
I will be sure to get some pictures and share the findings.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 09:46 PM