Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Progressive 32-36 single
Ronnie J
post Nov 25 2004, 10:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,039

Does anyone run a Progressive 32-36 single carb system. It just seems it would be a lot easier to keep tuned. I have a 1.7 without F.I. Any suggestions are appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
TC/914
post Nov 26 2004, 08:45 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,981

Oooopppsss!!

My bad typing at work, I just edited the post. (My brain sort of melded the "914" and "1.7" into a wishful thinking sort of mess . . . ) Wouldn't it be beyond WONDERFUL to own a 917?!?

Whenever we checked the compression on an (72 and up Bus VW type IV) engine--standard proceedure, along with fuel and oil pressure whenever a bus came in for repairs--it was lower than that of my 914 (NOT 917). I had always thought that the engine used in the bus was a little de-tuned from that found in the 914 (and 411/412 VW sedans). I had heard that the dish in the bus pistons wasn't in the Porsche pistons. Also, the progressive carbs seem to respond better to a cam which made me think that the grind in a 914 was slightly different than that in a VW Bus/type IV.

I might be wrong, if I am PLEASE let me know since I've been going on the above assumption for almost six years and if it's in error . . . well, I want to know.

Thanks,

TC
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 10:15 AM