Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Spotted in Inglewood, Definitely a car guy in my 'hood
2mAn
post Aug 1 2019, 04:38 PM
Post #1

trying to see how long I can go without a 914

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,644
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-16644-1564699133.1.jpg)

Ive seen this collection too often and I wonder if anyone recognizes the 914. I peaked into the tray and it looked like a 3.6 swap! Besides the Mustang and the BMW 2002, I believe he also owns an El Camino, a 633CSI and likely a VW Bus too. They are all along the same strip. I left a message a while ago, maybe its time to do it again if nobody here recognizes the car

Thanks
-Simon
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
burton73
post Aug 2 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #2

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

This is a couple of blocks from my shop. One of my workers asked him if he wanted to sell his car and he said no way. I have been looking at this car for years. It does move and the other cars in front of his house move as well so they do not get a ticket on street sweeping day.

Bob B
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
2mAn
post Aug 5 2019, 12:05 PM
Post #3

trying to see how long I can go without a 914

Member No.: 16,644

QUOTE(burton73 @ Aug 2 2019, 11:16 AM) *

This is a couple of blocks from my shop. One of my workers asked him if he wanted to sell his car and he said no way. I have been looking at this car for years. It does move and the other cars in front of his house move as well so they do not get a ticket on street sweeping day.

Bob B

Ironically, just hours after I posted the pic here (its actually an old pic from months ago) I was on my way home and there he was, pulling his bicycle out of his VW Bus. I assumed he was the owner of the other cars and pulled over to talk to him. Nice older gent named Michael. I was chatting with him about the cars, mentioned Im considering getting a 914-6 and he replied, "do you have $100k?" to which I said, not an original, but a conversion, and he just repeated himself haha

He was quite nice, we talked for a while. He has a few BMWs he wants to sell as they are post75, so CA-Smog headache cars. Im going to try and help him sell them, maybe he will then let me go for a ride/ drive his "$100k" 914-6. It has a 3.2 swapped in.
@burton73 , wheres your shop? Have you heard of R&M Autoparts? The 76 2002 is over there
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Aug 5 2019, 12:18 PM
Post #4

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

QUOTE(2mAn @ Aug 5 2019, 11:05 AM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Aug 2 2019, 11:16 AM) *

Bob B

Ironically, just hours after I posted the pic here (its actually an old pic from months ago) I was on my way home and there he was, pulling his bicycle out of his VW Bus. I assumed he was the owner of the other cars and pulled over to talk to him. Nice older gent named Michael. I was chatting with him about the cars, mentioned Im considering getting a 914-6 and he replied, "do you have $100k?" to which I said, not an original, but a conversion, and he just repeated himself haha

He was quite nice, we talked for a while. He has a few BMWs he wants to sell as they are post75, so CA-Smog headache cars. Im going to try and help him sell them, maybe he will then let me go for a ride/ drive his "$100k" 914-6. It has a 3.2 swapped in.
@burton73 , wheres your shop? Have you heard of R&M Autoparts? The 76 2002 is over there

Thanks for the update Simon

See ya soon,

Oscar
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:27 PM