Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Big hole, Shift hole
JOEPROPER
post Sep 16 2019, 04:40 PM
Post #1

The answer is "no" unless you ask...

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,387
Region Association: North East States

Why is this hole so big?

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
bbrock
post Sep 17 2019, 07:31 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I've never looked at that piece closely, but would it be possible to separate the disc piece from the firewall patch? Is it spot welded on? I think it would be a lot easier to plug weld the disc onto you firewall than to try to cut and butt weld a patch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
JOEPROPER
post Sep 17 2019, 07:41 AM
Post #3

The answer is "no" unless you ask...

Member No.: 19,387
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 17 2019, 09:31 AM) *

I've never looked at that piece closely, but would it be possible to separate the disc piece from the firewall patch? Is it spot welded on? I think it would be a lot easier to plug weld the disc onto you firewall than to try to cut and butt weld a patch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I didn't think of that. The section behind the disc has a reinforced plate. I'm not sure if this is necessary, and if not, maybe i could just buy the Tangerine Racing firewall bearing setup and rivet it in. @chrisfoley
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Sep 17 2019, 08:11 AM
Post #4

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Sep 17 2019, 08:41 AM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 17 2019, 09:31 AM) *

I didn't think of that. The section behind the disc has a reinforced plate. I'm not sure if this is necessary, and if not, maybe i could just buy the Tangerine Racing firewall bearing setup and rivet it in. @chrisfoley

The rivet holes are on a 1.875" circle so it should be easy to install it over the existing hole. While having the reinforcing piece in place is a nice idea I don't see it as necessary structurally when using my bearing assembly. The aluminum housing features a groove for the boot so not having that on the firewall is no problem either.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 01:29 PM