Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SIX guys.. Have you seen these, Water Shields
Kerrys914
post Dec 8 2004, 12:20 PM
Post #1

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33551

I am looking for a set of water shields and saw these. Wonder where the price will top out at

Cheers
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
IronHillRestorations
post Dec 8 2004, 09:43 PM
Post #2

I. I. R. C.

Group: Members
Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Dec 8 2004, 10:20 AM)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33551

I am looking for a set of water shields and saw these. Wonder where the price will top out at

Cheers

You don't want those. Trust me.

There have been "real" 6's and 911's with bad seals in the factory air cleaner assemblies, that have leaked enough (in a car parked in a long term lot at an airport), to cause hydrolock. So you hop in the car and the starter goes "KLUNK". So you try to get it jumped off and the starter just goes "KLUNK". Then you figure, well gee it's a manual shift car, let's just "bump it off", and you get someone or two to push the car, and you pop the clutch and it makes a much louder "KLUNK". So if you are a real Einstein, you have it towed home, and because you live on a hill you figure "I can really get it rolling good and then pop the clutch and break it free", so you get it rolling down the hill at a good 20mph and pop the clutch, and this time it's the loudest "KLUNK" yet, because you just broke a connecting rod, a valve, and a cylinder head. When your engine isn't running, there is at least one cylinder with the intake valve open on the intake stroke (exhaust valve closed). If you fill that cylinder with water it's called hydrolock. Water does not compress very well at all. This has happend more than once.

Just because somebody sells a part that will bolt onto your car doesn't mean they have done all the product testing that should be done. There are even so called name brand aftermarket parts that don't work right.

You get what you pay for. Don't cheap out on a part that could break your engine. Don't buy a set of aircleaners that could give you some serious trouble!
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:10 PM