Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> hell hole bracket, what does it look like?
Speedo
post Jun 21 2020, 06:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,170
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Finished up the hell hole on my son's 914. He is reminding me that we need the bracket that holds the brains to the battery stand, or near the battery stand to the fire wall. I don't remember this "bracket" so it like the battery tray may have vaporized. Can someone confirm what this looks like and what it is connected to? And is a repro available or can I reproduce it?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
sholman5
post Jun 22 2020, 03:33 PM
Post #2

Kraut burner

Member No.: 20,391
Region Association: South East States

Attached Image
Mines is a 73 1.7. You need both. The big bracket attaches to the battery tray. The small one attaches to the ecu. Attach small to ecu. The ecu will have a raise metal button that slides on to the big bracket. Then bolt the ecu with the small bracket to the larger one.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jun 22 2020, 03:39 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

the small ones are very similar in stamping, but the later ones have a hole for the control unit idle mixture knob. The early cars do not have this mixture control knob

QUOTE(sholman5 @ Jun 22 2020, 02:33 PM) *

Attached Image
Mines is a 73 1.7. You need both. The big bracket attaches to the battery tray. The small one attaches to the ecu. Attach small to ecu. The ecu will have a raise metal button that slides on to the big bracket. Then bolt the ecu with the small bracket to the larger one.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 01:25 PM