Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> Pre purchase inspection SE Kentucky, Need to find someone to do inspection
skjl47
post Aug 17 2020, 12:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,957
Region Association: None

Hello; I have a chance to buy a 2016 Porsche Cayman. Not a great deal but not a bad price either. I hope to get a pre purchase inspection done prior tp purchase but do not know where in SE Kentucky. The car in is London KY. Do any of you happen to know of a place in that area?
I can find two places in Knoxville TN. There is a dealer in Kingsport TN. Not sure now but there use to be a dealer in Lexington Ky. All are some distance from London KY with Lexington likely being the closer, but still not close.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
skjl47
post Aug 18 2020, 06:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,957
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Aug 18 2020, 10:34 AM) *

Get the vin# and have the local Porsche dealer run it for service record also get a carfax and if both are clean you should be okay to proceed. It's a 4 year old car that you already inspected in person!

Hello; The owner said she has a carfax so if it did not sell today I may ask her for it. Probably should have when in person.
Using the Vin at a dealer is a good idea and should give some additional information.

Before I went to see the car in person some research was done and I discovered there are three things to be checked.
One is that the car's computer keeps a record of over the redline incidents and the information can be pulled.
Another is some of the engines can have cylinder bore scuffing from the piston skirts. Apparently this cannot be heard well unless the car is on a lift.
Last is an expensive to cure overheating issue possible that can be identified in a simple procedure.

I confess to being overly cautious about this. There is not an actual guarantee even with a PPI, but something made me decide to condition paying the asking price on an inspection. I did offer to buy at a slightly lower price without an inspection.

The seller has not given me an answer on any of it yet. I believe she had a potential buyer supposed to see the car today.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 10:31 AM