Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Europa vs. 914
mbseto
post Sep 28 2020, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,743
Region Association: North East States

There's some interesting discussion in the comments here on the Lotus Europa ve. the 914. Oddly enough more than one opinion seems to be the Lotus is more fun but everyone would actually rather have a 914.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-lotu...opa-twin-cam-9/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
second wind
post Sep 28 2020, 07:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,543
Region Association: Southern California

How do I put this without sounding too biased.....Porsche 914's RULE!!! I have had them since age 19 and now 65....drove Denver-LA-Denver-LA many many times. The 914 is just so stable on the road it feels like a bigger car....very comfortable hugging the road and just a superior feel on the road IMHO. Very precise hug on the road. All those other cars....never in a Europa but TR-6, Jaguar, other English and other two seaters.....they just don't have the solid rigid road glue feel of a 914. Even 911's are nice but.....we all just happen to own one of the best cars ever made. Plus you high horsepower guys can back it up even more than just us little 125 hp guys. When I first got back in the club after my first car being a 914/6 and then getting a 2.0 40 years later I couldn't figure out why all the guys had 3.2's in their 914s? Isn't the stock 2.0 good enough? Was for me and my car would go coast to coast at 100 mph no problem. Anyway now a bit wiser and yes more horsepower is more fun...ok I get it....no offense to all the other makes but this is a 914 forum and I am a 914 guy....so there !
gg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 07:12 PM