Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2056 list of parts/work involved
william1764
post Oct 22 2020, 02:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,717
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Considering rebuilding my 2.0 to a 2056 or replacing engine with quality 2056 build already completed. Where can I find list of parts/work involved in a 2056 build? Thanks in advance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
iankarr
post Oct 22 2020, 03:15 PM
Post #2

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

What kind of 2056? Carbs? D-Jet? Will you be doing just the top end...or the bottom as well?

+Quote Post
william1764
post Oct 22 2020, 03:23 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 11,717
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(iankarr @ Oct 22 2020, 01:15 PM) *

What kind of 2056? Carbs? D-Jet? Will you be doing just the top end...or the bottom as well?

Great questions. Carb'd but don't know about top/bottom yet. My indy will advise. Engine is strong and has low miles. We'll see what he recommends.
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Oct 22 2020, 04:34 PM
Post #4

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(william1764 @ Oct 22 2020, 05:23 PM) *

QUOTE(iankarr @ Oct 22 2020, 01:15 PM) *

Great questions. Carb'd but don't know about top/bottom yet. My indy will advise. Engine is strong and has low miles. We'll see what he recommends.

If the engine is running strong and you don't see any evidence of cylinders leaking, I'd consider just doing the top end. 96mm pistons and cylinders (recommend KB and jugs from EMW). Depending on your experience / ability / tools, you can do that in less than a week total. The next step up would be new heads (recommend the ones HAM makes) for about 2K - and that's where you should see the noticeable bump. You'll probably need new pushrods to to tweak your valve geometry...so add more time to the build.
From there you split the case and upgrade the cam, which will give you more oomph. Especially if you're still running the OEM D-Jet cam with your carbs. It's as slippery slope from there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 02:08 AM