Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Weber Rebuild, Emulsion Tube question
shane
post Jan 2 2021, 07:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,518
Region Association: None

Hi, I’m rebuild my Weber 32/36 trying to fix a very rough running issue I’m having. It’s a single 32/36 on my 1.8, I know not a good set up but the PO had it set up that way and I’m not ready to put the FI back on yet. A few things I noticed on the Webber was that both emulsion tubes were F-6 and I had no O rings on the idle jets. I had it running pretty good before but something changed, was wondering if the emulsion tubes are wrong even though it might not be my main issue. Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Superhawk996
post Jan 3 2021, 10:01 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Without getting deep in the weeds. If it was running to your satisfaction before, don't go down the rabbit hole of changing emulsion tube sizing. I can't comment on the sizing - I've only run dual IDF's and DRLA's. You don't mention what your exact problem is so I'd only be guessing. However, emulsion tubes have nothing do do with idle jets. If you have an idle or transition issue, the emulsion tubes aren't even in play at that point. From the images I see online for Weber 36/32 carb, there should be an o-ring under the base of the jet holder (i.e. the brass screw head).

If you're missing those, I'd question who put the carbs together and whether you should just buy a complete rebuild kit and just go through the carbs completely. HOWEVER, if they weren't there in the 1st place, they won't account for whatever change that you're trying to troubleshoot.

When carbs go from running well one day (or one minute) and then start running terribly the next, it's usually debris that has been sucked into the one of the jets.

The other is be absolutely sure you aren't confusing a fuel issue for an ignition issue. Each presents symptoms in exactly the same way. Uneven idle, hesitation, poor transition to the mains or inability to achieve full power and/or full RPM's.

Also don't forget about all the other seals and gaskets associated with the runners, maifold plenum, and the runners to heads. Way to many failure points with that carb / runner setup in my opinion.

My recommendation would be to fully clean the carb 1st and use a rebuilt kit to refresh all gaskets, o-rings, etc., since that is where you currently are focused and working at. If that doesn't return to the same condition your previously had, then refocus your efforts on the ignition.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 08:29 AM