Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Do you own a 914 and have never driven one?
seanery
post Dec 24 2004, 11:08 PM
Post #1

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

Dan Anderson, Pnambic, drove Doug Leggins' car at the Fall Foliage Classic this year. It was the first time he has driven one.
Dan is very excited about 914s, so it was very surprising to me that he hadn't driven one before.

Do YOU have a 914 and have never driven one?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
rick 918-S
post Dec 25 2004, 11:06 AM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I bought mine about 1992 or something. Tried to test drive it before I purchased it. It was a 1972 white 1.7. with a side shift trans. The shift bushings and right front motor mount were so bad I couldn't shift the car. There was something about the car I couldn't walk away from so I bought it anyway.

My shop manager was with me. We ended up buying a tow strap. I can't say I really drove the car. It ran nice and had good heat so I let the car idle with the heater on as we flat towed it behind my BMW 2002. I was a passanger behind the steering wheel for about a 180 miles. If we would have been pulled over we'd still be in jail.

When we made it back to the shop we stripped the car down to the shell. While the car was torn down My shop manager Dave bought a hopped up 2.0 Brad Mayuer car. That was my first REAL experience with the 914! I gotta tell ya I was impressed! During the time my car was apart we added the glas flares, changed the bolt pattern, added 15"X8" fuchs, 916 style front and rear bumpers, etc. It didn't go back together until about 1994 with the 1.7. I drove the car for one summer. The next year I never even started it. There was nothing wrong with it I was just simply uninspired. Being a big Block Chevy guy in a past life you can understand why I was eventually going to search for more HP.

BTW: My former shop manager Dave has another 914 now and a 928 motor..... who knows what will happen next... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool_shades.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 01:13 PM