Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sacramento bumper shops, Where to go
raw1298
post Mar 11 2021, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,148
Region Association: Northern California

Is there a place in Sacramento you can get metal bumpers straightened?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ValcoOscar
post Mar 12 2021, 10:22 AM
Post #2

Garage Life

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,669
Region Association: Southern California

A few good chrome shops remain. I’ve heard the shop in Utah does great work. No idea on cost.
In my case, I did a large GB of Early Bumper repair & re-chroming. Ultimately finished about 130 bumpers. Great results, but hated the lead-times. Sometimes it took two weeks, other times over six weeks. I started by pressure washing, bead blasting, repair to re-thread M8 mounting points, and checked for straightness against a jig Bruce Stone and I made. Then I would send them over to the chrome shop for triple chrome.
Chrome shop has had a few issues with turn-over during the past year so It’s difficult to keep up with my expected quality.
I have 7 bumpers in queue for a mid-west member. Bruce Stone and I have 3 bumpers at chome now. Should have them back any day.
Bottom line, if you a nice straight bumper with no dents that just need re-chroming, and maybe thread repair. I can handle refurbishment for less than $400. Currently, I’m not accepting overly rusty or dented bumpers. Straight bumpers are a breeze. Few dents are okay too.
Let me know if I can help.

BTW... @mb911 is the go-to guy for GT opening modifications prior to chrome.

O

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 02:59 AM