Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914-6 throttle hard to depress
mb911
post Mar 28 2021, 10:59 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

As my conversion nears the end I am working on all the odds and ends. I find the throttle is a bit hard to push. If the cable is disconnected there is no issue. I believe the issue is the bell crank area. Its almost as though it needs a spring to assist or a bigger mechanical advantage. Any advice.. ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Retroracer
post Mar 28 2021, 02:01 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Two suggestions:

1) separate the linkage where the cable ends and make sure the cable/throttle pedal are moving freely and are not snagged or rubbing anywhere (kind of a 2 person job, one keeping tension at etc transmission end, the other pressing the pedal)

2) there are several bell cranks involved in the journey from throttle ending up to carbs - all the links in between should be adjustable for length. This is the key bit: It is worth going through and making sure the sweep of all the angles is maximized over the full range of butterfly rotation by adjusting the lengths of the individual rods; hard to describe without diagrams, but by shortening one link and lengthening another you can make sure each pivot arc is making the longest throw possible, and not "over rotating" on the extremes.

Hope the above makes sense...

- Tony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 09:56 AM