Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 throttle hard to depress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
As my conversion nears the end I am working on all the odds and ends. I find the throttle is a bit hard to push. If the cable is disconnected there is no issue. I believe the issue is the bell crank area. Its almost as though it needs a spring to assist or a bigger mechanical advantage. Any advice.. ?
Mark Henry
What bell crank are you using?
911 bell crank you have to heat it cherry red, melt the brass and give it a quick turn.
mb911
Here is my setup. Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
accel cable looped over clutch cable ??
mb911
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 28 2021, 09:22 AM) *

accel cable looped over clutch cable ??

It could be.. I will have to figure out how to see that angle.
Retroracer
Two suggestions:

1) separate the linkage where the cable ends and make sure the cable/throttle pedal are moving freely and are not snagged or rubbing anywhere (kind of a 2 person job, one keeping tension at etc transmission end, the other pressing the pedal)

2) there are several bell cranks involved in the journey from throttle ending up to carbs - all the links in between should be adjustable for length. This is the key bit: It is worth going through and making sure the sweep of all the angles is maximized over the full range of butterfly rotation by adjusting the lengths of the individual rods; hard to describe without diagrams, but by shortening one link and lengthening another you can make sure each pivot arc is making the longest throw possible, and not "over rotating" on the extremes.

Hope the above makes sense...

- Tony
mb911
I found it wrapped around the brake line. Its much better now.. not as smooth as I would like but pretty good. I will check the bell cranks etc for max adjustments.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.