Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Can this charcoal filter be refilled?
advman89
post Apr 26 2021, 02:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,286
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Before I go destroying something...I watched Ian's video on refilling and this one doesn't appear to want pry open...

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
914sgofast2
post Apr 26 2021, 06:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,855
Region Association: None

QUOTE(advman89 @ Apr 26 2021, 01:09 PM) *

Before I go destroying something...I watched Ian's video on refilling and this one doesn't appear to want pry open...

Attached Image

You can't pry open the metal charcoal canisters.

But you can drill a 3/4" hole in one end; remove the old charcoal; and then re-fill it with new activated charcoal as used in fish aquariums. You then put a standard 3/4" plumbing pipe plug in the hole you drilled. There is a thread here somewhere, and maybe even a video on YouTube on how to do it by drilling a hole and refilling the charcoal canister with new charcoal. Might even be a thread in the Samba's VW 411/412 or Bug section on how to do it. All the early 1970's VW cars used the same or a similar metal body charcoal canister to what was used in our Porsche 914's before they all went to plastic canisters.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 01:13 AM