Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> AFR Guage
mb911
post Jun 4 2021, 05:18 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I am looking for something to set my carbs. Lm1 use to be the go to. What does everyone use now?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mb911
post Jun 4 2021, 11:45 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Thanks. Not understanding your 1" spacer comment. What I see in the picture is a standard 02 bung fitting? At least it is on my products
+Quote Post
914Toy
post Jun 4 2021, 01:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,596
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 4 2021, 10:45 AM) *

Thanks. Not understanding your 1" spacer comment. What I see in the picture is a standard 02 bung fitting? At least it is on my products

My SS headers came with approx. 1/2" deep bungs (1/2" of thread). The threaded length plus the probe of the O2 sensors is about 1" long. Thus the O2 sensor probe extended well into the gas stream (exhaust flow) about 1/2". After discussion with Innovate tech guy, I bought one of their simple 1" bungs (looks like a pipe coupler) with the correct thread, carefully cut it into two 1/2 inch bungs and had each of these welded onto the 1/2" inch bungs already on my headers - the pic shows the weld if you look carefully. As the thread on the O2 sensors is about a half inch long, the added piece of bung is long enough to cynch up the O2 sensor before it reached the thread in the original Bung, so that any misaligned thread from the original bung and the welded on bung piece is not a problem. The result is that the O2 sensor probe only just reaches the gas flow instead of being in the middle of it.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 03:39 AM