Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need help installing heater boxes and hoses from HEs, Can't find information on how to hook up heat.
buck toenges
post Feb 7 2019, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,388
Region Association: None

I am starting to hooks up all the hoses, heater boxes, elbows, heating air supplies and such for a 2.0L engine. 1973 version. The workshop manual doesn't have any info. Can you help me come up with a game plan on how to install all this stuff. Got the engine and heat exchangers in.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
930cabman
post Jun 5 2021, 03:52 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

Thinking out loud, our 914/4 will never use the heating function, why would we not close off the rectangular outlets in the aluminum fan housing and divert additional cooling air over the cylinders?

Thanks
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Jun 5 2021, 04:02 PM
Post #3

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(930cabman @ Jun 5 2021, 05:52 PM) *

Thinking out loud, our 914/4 will never use the heating function, why would we not close off the rectangular outlets in the aluminum fan housing and divert additional cooling air over the cylinders?

Thanks

There was a lot of debate about this in the early mid 2000's, Jake Raby did some temp tests and found leaving them off and open actually cooled better. The other thought was to smooth over the interior duct openings and the common opinion was to block them off the traditional way.

My opinion is to build the engine properly so it doesn't overheat to start with. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 11:48 PM