Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Full containment seats, Thoughts?
ThePaintedMan
post Jun 10 2021, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

Hello gents. Wondering if anyone has tried installing a full containment (halo) seat in their car? I'm considering one at some point, but I'm honestly worried that they would be dangerous in the event of a fire, making egress really difficult. It's already not particularly easy to get in or out of my car with the door bars and a regular seat. Anyone have any opinions?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
slivel
post Jul 13 2021, 09:50 AM
Post #2

Old car....... older driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,332
Region Association: Southern California

Whatever equipment you have - full cage, window net, hans device, halo seat, arm restraints, radio comm cord, cool shirt plumbing, if you find it difficult to exit the car I strongly recommend installing a removable steering wheel. For myself, I employed all in my list except the halo seat. I also recommend practicing egress blindfolded. Smoke, fire, dust, or upside down can be very disorienting. Learned this from career in Naval aviation and required periodic training. Helicopter dunker was especially fun.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 11:11 PM