Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Alternator Upgrade Questions
rcarson25
post Oct 14 2021, 07:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,103
Region Association: South East States

So, after getting sidetracked with a couple of projects for other people I am going to get back to work on my 914. I am looking at good alternator upgrade options that are reasonably priced. I like the WOSPerformance 175 amp option but 1K for an alternator seems a bit steep. I will be running an aftermarket head unit (nothing fancy), seat warmers, and hopefully at some point I want to do electric AC. I assume somewhere around 125amp would be ideal.

Are there any recommendations that people would suggest. Would like to be in the $250-$300 range.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pnewman
post Oct 14 2021, 11:37 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,606
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hey guys.
Thanks for the referral.
I'm the type IV / 914 alternator kit guy.
I sent Ryan an email this morning.

FYI:
I put 1500 miles on my car so far this year without a problem with the charging system.
Here is what i am running:
10" woofer with 500 watt amplifier (Using a capacitor)
4each 6" speakers
dual seat heaters
dual heat pusher fans in the engine compartment
Oil cooler fan for external oil cooler
other accessory lights like Corvette rear view mirror with map lights etc. (Great idea incase you were thinking of it.)
plus all of the stock stuff of course.

As long as I keep the the rpms at or above 850 I am usually pretty good depending on the song and how stupid I am acting. The rice burner / hot hatch mod kids at cars an coffee love this car. It's like a retro version of what they're doing. Purists probably cringe but I drive the car with the top off down to 45 degrees F and I'm as happy and comfortable as can be.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 03:50 PM