Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Throttle Body Rebuild Question
rbzymek
post Nov 21 2021, 03:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,013
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Looking for a source to repair a sticking 2.1L Vanagon throttle body. So far my PM's to members have been unsuccessful. I am interested in new bearings and seals. Any help is appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Bartlett 914
post Nov 23 2021, 12:34 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,707

QUOTE(rbzymek @ Nov 21 2021, 04:55 PM) *

Looking for a source to repair a sticking 2.1L Vanagon throttle body. So far my PM's to members have been unsuccessful. I am interested in new bearings and seals. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Ray

I sent you a PM. I still do these repairs if interested

+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Nov 23 2021, 03:33 PM
Post #3

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Nov 23 2021, 02:34 PM) *

Hi Ray

Mark,
Tell us more about your "Throttle Body" restoration/repairs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
I am interested.
Tom MI
+Quote Post
Bartlett 914
post Nov 23 2021, 04:11 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,707

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Nov 23 2021, 04:33 PM) *

Hi Ray

Mark,
Tell us more about your "Throttle Body" restoration/repairs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
I am interested.
Tom MI

I disassemble and clean everything. The body is normally worn where the throttle shaft goes through. This causes the throttle plate to stick when closed. This causes a jump when the throttle is first depressed. I have built fixtures that hold the body in position and I precision machine for a new bearing. This is a little more complicated that it may seem in order to have both sides in proper alignment. The bearings must be cut to size and reamed after installation. I currently only clean the parts. I do not plate the parts. I hope to so in the future but not currently. I have done quite a few of these and no complaints.

Occasionally the bore of the throttle body is damaged by the sticking plate. I open the throttle body bore in these cases and I make new throttle plates for a proper fit. These plates are a little tricky as they are not actually round. I have all this worked out,

Thanks for your interest
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Nov 24 2021, 12:50 PM
Post #5

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Nov 23 2021, 06:11 PM) *

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Nov 23 2021, 04:33 PM) *

Hi Ray

Mark,
I am interested.
Tom MI

I disassemble and clean everything. The body is normally worn where the throttle shaft goes through. This causes the throttle plate to stick when closed. This causes a jump when the throttle is first depressed. I have built fixtures that hold the body in position and I precision machine for a new bearing. This is a little more complicated that it may seem in order to have both sides in proper alignment. The bearings must be cut to size and reamed after installation. I currently only clean the parts. I do not plate the parts. I hope to so in the future but not currently. I have done quite a few of these and no complaints.

Occasionally the bore of the throttle body is damaged by the sticking plate. I open the throttle body bore in these cases and I make new throttle plates for a proper fit. These plates are a little tricky as they are not actually round. I have all this worked out,

Thanks for your interest

Mark,
Sound good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
I'll send you a PM next week for instructions where to send for this repair.
Good time to send during winter storage.
Any budge guess-estimate low to high $__ Amount?
Tom In MI
g
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 12:06 AM