Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> Wanted: Back in the market for a 914
mburnley
post Feb 10 2022, 10:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,620
Region Association: South East States

Hey all, after some discussion and some financial tweaking, I am back in the market for a solid project or running 914. I live in NW Louisiana and am willing to take a road trip for the right one. With that said... What do ya got?

Please reach out on the messages or respond here.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Cairo94507
post Feb 11 2022, 09:28 AM
Post #2

Michael

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

I think that is a realistic budget for a car that will need work but should be mostly together and should run.

If I were looking for another 914, I would try to buy a '73-'74 2.0 that was as stock as I could find. Good luck in your search; be patient and ready to act when one presents itself.

I would recommend seeing any 914 in person after you have viewed good photos of the car with all of the problematic areas revealed. As you probably know, the mechanicals on these are pretty simple but the rust issues are what kills most projects. A solid chassis puts you far ahead in any project. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 01:32 PM