Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> white-green wire mystery, where do these 2 wires go?
jackspratt
post Mar 6 2022, 10:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,315
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Here is a pic of 2 wires. One green and one white. They are coming off a harness near where the 2 fuel lines fan side are. Next to distributor. Can someone please explain where they plug in to? If they do at all. Also, can't get injectors to fire. and what does that plug with the boot on it that is plugged into the fuel line middle junction do?

Thanks Teeners! Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jrmdir
post Mar 7 2022, 03:33 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,544
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hello Jack:

We were all Newbies at one point and many, like me, went through the same initial confusion you're finding - trying to sort out a non-running engine that we knew nothing about. But it would be good if you could consolidate your questions. For example, some of us just today already explained in good detail in another thread: what does that plug with the boot on it that is plugged into the fuel line middle junction do?

Not trying to discourage asking questions - rather to help you get this car running as everyone here will want to do. Because we've all been there.

I, too, was hoping there was one obvious thing that would suddenly allow the engine to fire up. So I ignored a lot of good advice telling me to go through a methodical check out of all systems in logical order. But in the end I wasted a lot of time since, like I'm certain you will find, there are too many variables and no substitute for following a time-tested process.

I recommend getting prepared by obtaining:
A wiring diagram
Ohm Meter
Fuel pressure gauge
FP relay jumper - this will let you run the pump at any time (see photos)

This will help us better guide you on this journey.

Cheers,

Ron

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:01 PM