Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> LJet Dark Magic tune up kit, Please help with sorcery
nditiz1
post Mar 13 2022, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,763
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So because I care more about driving my 914 than fixing issues with a leaking engine I decided to buy a 1.8L. I mean why not. So it runs and doesn't run perfect, but sounds pretty ok. I barely got through my last dark magic djet battle. This is an all new animal. This has most likely been asked before, but I have never come across it. IS there a listing of all the seals, hoses, frog powder dust, that I need to purchase to do a complete tune up of this old girl? When I perform a tune up it usually consists of cap, rotor, plugs, wires, oil, valve adjustment, and timing. I never touch any seals or vac hoses, but it seems like this should be done. Help me please with a list of "definite replace these" items. Oh and it's a 75 1.8L.

Thanks team!
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Van B
post Mar 14 2022, 01:10 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 26,011
Region Association: None

If you just bought the car, I would recommend going through all the L-Jet systems and make sure they're functioning. Then, once you've got a baseline established and a familiarity with what each part does, you'll find this car much more enjoyable.

I've been chasing a weak cold start issue ever since I bought my car last year. I've uncovered/learned some very interesting things along the way that I think are important for every L-jet owner to keep an eye on.

In finding so many small issues, I've arrived at the opinion that my cold start issues are a culmination of many things not working as they should.

Us 1.8 guys are here and ready to help whenever you're ready to dig in.

Van
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
emerygt350
post Mar 14 2022, 06:35 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Van B @ Mar 14 2022, 01:10 PM) *

If you just bought the car, I would recommend going through all the L-Jet systems and make sure they're functioning. Then, once you've got a baseline established and a familiarity with what each part does, you'll find this car much more enjoyable.

I've been chasing a weak cold start issue ever since I bought my car last year. I've uncovered/learned some very interesting things along the way that I think are important for every L-jet owner to keep an eye on.

In finding so many small issues, I've arrived at the opinion that my cold start issues are a culmination of many things not working as they should.

Us 1.8 guys are here and ready to help whenever you're ready to dig in.

Van

And us djet guys are here for the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 08:35 PM