Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914, What's your rough opinion of value?
Ampex351
post Jun 18 2022, 08:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,115
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ctd/d/mck...7490794703.html

This car is for sale. I found out about all kinds of things needing replacement or repairing. The body is really not perfect. He was offering to me for $18,500.
Does that sound good considering it could use paint, there's rust bubbles here and there. But it has great mechanicals. Motor is rebuit and brakes, etc.

What's a price that would make you move?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Jett
post Jun 18 2022, 09:37 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,686

Love the color, but I would run the other way unless it was crazy cheap.

Not sure what the impact of the rust proofing is, but it did not stop the rust in the drivers side door opening where the VIN is missing. That rust looks serious as it is coming from the inside out, and suspect that under the battery tray fix is the same. Looks like some engine tin and the two air deflector flaps are missing, which is worrisome as any good 914 mechanic knows they are critical to cooling. Engine wiring looks dubious. FI system, rain-tray, fan, and engine insulation are missing.
+Quote Post
Ampex351
post Jun 18 2022, 11:01 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 24,115

QUOTE(Jett @ Jun 18 2022, 10:37 PM) *

Not sure what the impact of the rust proofing is, but it did not stop the rust in the drivers side door opening where the VIN is missing. That rust looks serious as it is coming from the inside out, and suspect that under the battery tray fix is the same. Looks like some engine tin and the two air deflector flaps are missing, which is worrisome as any good 914 mechanic knows they are critical to cooling. Engine wiring looks dubious. FI system, rain-tray, fan, and engine insulation are missing.

Is it worth $18K.......i think not
+Quote Post
Jett
post Jun 19 2022, 08:37 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,686

QUOTE(Ampex351 @ Jun 18 2022, 10:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Jun 18 2022, 10:37 PM) *

Is it worth $18K.......i think not

The color is great and there is a lot of good, but for us it would take $35K on the low end to address, but experience tells me $50K. If you got the car for $10K, you could just drive it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 10:11 AM