Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 expert shop in Northern CA, East Bay to Sac?
torakki
post Jul 14 2022, 11:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,545
Region Association: Northern California

I'm looking for a repair shop in Northern CA to trouble shoot a rich running engine. I've replaced and rebuilt everything and now want to take it in. Does anyone know a shop?
I've tried: Frank's in Sac. Salerno's in Rocklin, KombiHous and no response, IPB in Sac and no response, Star Auto in Vacaville, plus a few others. There must be a least one guy out there that knows these cars?
Thanks for any suggestions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
yellowporky
post Jul 14 2022, 08:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,948
Region Association: Northern California

Gavin autowerks in Oakland is very good and does work on the 4 cylinder cars
510-633-0620. He comes highly recommended by many of my friends with 914-4's.

Steer clear of John Holleran. Just because he is in Auburn now does not mean he operates differently. If you want to dig up info its not hard. I agree that he is talented and capable but that only gets you so far.

The above referenced A-hole was probably Pacific Power Motorsports. I am sure they are not right for everyone but Eric is great and they do very good work. Also the alignment tech from the now closed Roger Krause Racing is working for them and it a great resource for setting up the old air cooled cars.
They did the final tuning and adjustments on my 73 1.7 after a 4 year restoration.

Good luck
Chris

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 03:47 AM