Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bank fire versus sequential on engine masters
emerygt350
post Apr 29 2023, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

If you can get access to motortrend on demand, they just put out a test on sequential vs. bank fire injection. Really interesting stuff. They found that for performance (wot pull on the Dyno) no difference at all. Of course there may be better economy at cruise and cylinder tuning ability, but as far as pure power was concerned, no difference.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JamesM
post Apr 29 2023, 11:12 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Apr 29 2023, 04:04 PM) *

If you can get access to motortrend on demand, they just put out a test on sequential vs. bank fire injection. Really interesting stuff. They found that for performance (wot pull on the Dyno) no difference at all. Of course there may be better economy at cruise and cylinder tuning ability, but as far as pure power was concerned, no difference.

This is what i have been telling people for a while (at least anyone that posts their plans to go sequential on the FI builds) Only impacts emissions at idle/low RPM and for a home builder figuring the exact injector timing needed to do even that just isnt going to happen anyway.

Cant argue math. When you look at the injector pulse time at a given load/RPM and compare it to the time the intake valve would be open at that RPM for either system (batch or sequential) you have the same result where the injector is mostly firing on a closed intake valve anyways. Don't need a dyno to know there will be no difference as long as your are getting the correct AFRs.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Apr 30 2023, 08:32 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(JamesM @ Apr 30 2023, 12:12 AM) *
This is what i have been telling people for a while...Only impacts emissions at idle/low RPM and for a home builder figuring the exact injector timing needed to do even that just isnt going to happen anyway.

Ditto. It's why I chose to simplify (and minimize costs) with batch injection and wasted spark using Microsquirt.

Note that D-Jet is batch injection...I'd guess L-Jet is too? And let's not forget that the 1980s K-Jetronic (K for Kontinuous) was continuously shooting fuel at the back of the intake valve, and it ran pretty darned good (as long as it didn't get crap in the fuel and start plugging things up).

Engine Masters is one of my fav shows, and is the core reason I subscribe to the MotorTrend streaming service. It's well worth the ~$40/yr all by itself (but there's a lot of other cool shows too). - GA

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/faq/meg...fuel-injection/
http://www.sdsefi.com/techseq.htm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 08:54 PM